Urology treatment in Vadodara
A Note on Prostate
The prostate is a gland whose size is of a walnut and it is situated right below the bladder in the surrounding area of urethra of men. The prime function of the prostate gland is to generate a prostatic fluid which is a form of semen which when abnormally grows creates a lot of problems.
Urology treatment in Vadodara Offered at Gujarat Kidney and Superspeciality Hospital
Symptoms Associated with Prostate
- Irregular urine.
- Problem in passing urine.
- Frequent trips to toilet in the night.
- Urgency of passing urine.
- Getting the feel of incomplete bladder.
- Suffering from the infection of urine on and off.
In GKSH's Urology Centre our Urology Specialist understand the symptoms of patients who are suffering from prostate and conduct the following tests to get a detailed idea about the condition.
- International Prostate Symptom Score (IPSS) and Quality of Life Score (QOL)
- Digital Rectal Examination (DRE)
- Uroflowmetry (Urine flow test)
- PSA Test
- Ultrasound test including post void residue measurement
Treatments Offered for Enlarged Prostate
- Treatment with medicines
- Use of Holmium Laser
Why You Should Choose Us?
We administer the use of effective medicines for treating the enlarged prostate. Most importantly, we use the best device which is known as the Lumenis Powersuite Holmium Laser machine for eliminating the enlarged prostate from a patient's bladder and have the best Urology Specialist to help our patients.
Kidneys stones are actually hardened mineral deposits in the kidney. These deposits increase in size with the passage of time which interferes in the proper functioning of the kidney.
Symptoms of kidney stones
- Dull ache in the upper portion of the back
- Blood trace is found in the urine
- Light-headedness and vomiting
- Fever or chills
- Burning sensation while urinating
The kidney stone is diagnosed with the help of some of the important tests which are as follows.
- Complete Blood Count
- Serum Creatinine
- Urine microscopy and culture
- X Ray abdomen and pelvis
- Ultrasound KUB
- IVU (Intravenous Urography)
- CT Urography
PCNL with Holmium Laser
This laser surgery is used for eliminating kidney stones effectively. The laser device helps fragment stones with minimal bleeding. This laser device can eliminate harder and large-sized stones quickly.
- Patients need to stay a day or two in the hospital.
- In holmium laser, large and hard stones are fragmented in the shortest possible time along with minimal bleeding.
- Complete clearance of stones in most of the cases in one session
This treatment works best in minute and uncomplicated stones. Shock waves are passed through a patient's skin in order to fragment the stones. The small pieces of stones are passed through urine.
A note about Ureteric Stone
The disease of ureteric stone is common these days in India. The ureteric stones resemble kidney stones. Some stones easily pass from the kidney. In some cases, the kidney stones get clogged in ureter which create dull aches that begins in the lower back portion and extends to the groin. The stones in the ureter do not let urine flow properly. The factors associated to ureteric stones are high intake of calcium, lack of water intake and excessive amount of salt.
Symptoms of ureteric stones
- Dull ache in the upper portion of the back.
- Blood trace is found in the urine.
- Light-headedness and vomiting.
- Fever or chills.
- Burning sensation while urinating.
The ureteric stone is diagnosed with the help of the tests similar to that of the kidney stones like ultrasound, X-Rays and a few blood tests as well.
Use of Ureteroscopy with Thinnest Scope and Holmium Laser
While using this procedure, the use of thinnest ureteroscope whose size of 4.5 Fr is made in use. With the help of anaesthesia, the ureteroscope is passed into the urethra, in the bladder, to the ureter and then straight to the stones. Smaller and bigger stones are fragmented by using holmium laser device. We execute ureteroscopy treatment in India and till date, we have been successful in carrying out the treatment.
- A patient needs to hospitalized for nearly 12 hours.
- A patient might experience post-operative discomforts owing to the insertion of the thinnest ureteroscope.
- Large and harder stones can be fragmented easily.
Facilities for Patients
- The hospital has an advanced department of research in Urology which comes up with latest medical treatments and surgeries in this field.
- Urinary tract reconstruction is also done here and the treatment techniques are constantly being updated to get better results.
With this extreme variety of diagnosis, treatment and after care methods, patients are bound to respond positively and get relieved of their suffering within a short span of time.
- What is Neurology? Neurology is a branch of med...
- What is Urology? Urology is a branch of medical...
- Kidney stones are actually the hard concretions...
- Minimally Invasive Surgery These techniques hav...